Deliv (Menlo Park, CA)
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Product Designer with Deliv, you’ll take on tough interaction and design challenges and work on big ideas– helping redefine how people work and how goods are delivered. You’ll be involved in every step of product development from brainstorming through launch. You’ll be a champion of the user, crafting simple, elegant experiences.
In this role, you will design everything from native iOS and Android apps for our Delivery Specialists to desktop web applications for internal users, to responsive web sites for customers.
From concept to release, you will help to develop agile stories, user testing strategies, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups for new and existing features. You will work closely with our product management, engineering, operations, and sales teams as well as customers and driver partners to define requirements, create wireframes, and bring your designs to life.
The position will be based in our Menlo Park, California, headquarters, because the role requires daily, in-person whiteboard interaction with the rest of the team, remote work situations just aren't practical.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own design problems end to end
- Partner with the product team to define requirements and seek input from end-users
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to build your designs from concept to launch and measure their impact on the business
- Drive meaningful solutions by deeply immersing yourself in the complexity of the user experience
- Create wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity visual designs
- Identify future opportunities by speaking to users, collecting data and developing key insight
- Be a champion of consumer-centric thinking across the organization
- 5+ years of UI/UX design experience, preferably in a startup environment or small company
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- A portfolio showing your design work
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, capabilities, and design limitations
- Strong wireframing and prototyping skills
- Familiarity with responsive design, which we use on our Small Business site at delivery.deliv.co
- Advanced skills with Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, Invision, etc.
- The confidence to move quickly and decisively in a fast-changing environment. You like to work quickly, gather feedback and iterate often
- Willingness to roll up your selves and help chip in where needed
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience designing for native iOS and Android apps would be a plus
- Some degree of scripting or coding knowledge would be helpful
- Must be able to work in our Menlo Park office
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field, or equivalent
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Salary
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Unlimited Vacation Policy - work hard and take time when you need it
- Disrupt traditional logistics – be a part of the team creating the future of delivery and making same-day delivery ubiquitous
Join us in disrupting logistics and setting the new standard for last mile delivery, a multi billion dollar market. We don’t sell goods and we don’t move people. We are behind the scenes of 4000+ businesses - like Best Buy, Walgreens, Plated, and FreshDirect - transforming how goods move around a city. We’ve raised 80+ million dollars with participation from UPS, Google, Enterprise prominent Silicon Valley VCs as well as several REIT (mall operator) investors. This is an amazing opportunity to come into a market leading start-up that is making local same-day delivery ubiquitous and affordable. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to break existing rules and create the future of logistics.