Deliv (Menlo Park, CA)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Deliv has already found strong product/market fit with its world changing service. But it is absolutely day one for us. We’re seeking a top performing product manager to join our high achieving team, define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Deliv has brought to the market so far.
You’ll work among star engineers, designers and product managers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment. We are highly customer centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the customer and working backwards.
You will play a critical role in our agile development process working with customers and star internal Community, Engineering, Logistics, Operations, and Sales teams to define new features, identify success metrics, and to track performance. Given the complex nature of our business supporting delivery specialists, retailers as well as our internal operations, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long term strategy for the company.
This role reports to the VP of Product and Marketing at our HQ in Menlo Park, California.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You'll be the product leader including- gather product requirements, drive product roadmap and long term vision for the team responsible for an entire audience including delivery specialists, retailers, business shippers and internal business and operations teams.
- Drive new product development from start to finish.
- Work cross functionally with the engineering, design, operations, marketing, to gain a deep understanding of the business, prioritize and sequence requirements for customer and business impact.
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of Deliv products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from Deliv employees to delivery specialists.
- Establish, monitor, and measure success metrics after launch. Incorporate feedback into product development process
- Work effectively with remote and third party development teams
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience building and delivering products and features starting from the scratch
- Ability to develop positive relationships and work collaboratively with engineering and other cross-functional teams
- Have an iterative approach - be scrappy and experiment constantly to get to the key learnings and insights that go into your product
- Have a data-driven approach - understand what success means for your product and how you would measure and drive toward it
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Strong systems/analytical background
- Ability to thrive in a self-managing culture
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering/economics or other analytical field, or equivalent
- You have some experience with enterprise, mission-critical web applications that release every 2-3 weeks.
- A history of being the early leader in startups who have scaled and gone on to be large successes
- Understanding of system needs in a retail environment is a plus
- Understanding of crowdsourced business models and last mile logistics market
- Experience working with outsource development and QA.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Salary
- Equity in fast growing, early stage startup
- 401k plan
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous parental leave plan
- Unlimited vacation policy – work hard take time when you need it
- Disrupt traditional logistics – be a part of the team creating the future of delivery and making same-day delivery ubiquitous
Deliv is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities
Join us in disrupting logistics and setting the new standard for last mile delivery, a multi billion dollar market. We don’t sell goods and we don’t move people. We are behind the scenes of 4000+ businesses - like Best Buy, Walgreens, Plated, and FreshDirect - transforming how goods move around a city. We’ve raised 80+ million dollars with participation from UPS, Google, Enterprise prominent Silicon Valley VCs as well as several REIT (mall operator) investors. This is an amazing opportunity to come into a market leading start-up that is making local same-day delivery ubiquitous and affordable. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to break existing rules and create the future of logistics.