Deliv (Menlo Park, CA)
About The Opportunity
At Deliv we care a lot about our people and culture and we are looking for someone who shares our passion for building strong companies and companies with heart. Deliv is seeking a People rockstar to join our executive team to lead the development and execution of our global people strategy during a time of tremendous growth. This includes directing the long term strategy for retention of professional, high quality talent; defining efficient and scalable operations; ensuring regulatory compliance of policies and programs, as well as driving a culture of employee engagement from on-boarding throughout the employee lifecycle.
This role is based out of our corporate headquarters in Menlo Park, CA and will report directly to the CEO.
What You'll Do
- Care and cultivate our company culture, ensuring that our culture and environment are inclusive, respectful and inviting to all employees.
- Plan, develop, direct and evaluate the organization's HR function and performance that promotes a high level of employee morale and continues to make Deliv a great place for people to come and give it their all.
- Translate the overall company strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities.
- Develop competitive, progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance.
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans to identify talent within and outside the organization. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of people resources within the organization. Included in this area would be to manage programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education, and career development, among others.
- Protect the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company HR policies and governmental laws and regulations. Expand HR tools, processes, and guidelines that reflect current knowledge and understanding and compliance of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws regarding human resources.
- Be a partner in selecting People policies, procedures, and systems as we grow that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
You come with a history of demonstrated success in the areas of human resources and references that will knock our socks off. People gravitate to you as a culture carrier, yet respect your experience and authority. You are able to build trust and your north star is honesty and integrity. You're proficient with HR technologies and you're excited to both learn and teach others in changes in your industry.
- A real teammate. Culture is critical here. We’ve all got a million things to do, but you’re happy to chip in wherever you can to help your teammates out when they’re underwater.
- Someone that can roll with it. As a small startup, things get shuffled, priorities change. You understand that. It’s an adventure.
- Someone who recognizes the critical importance of company morale, and continues to strive towards increasing this as we grow.
- Someone who’s comfortable working quickly with lots of iterations and doesn’t get rattled by change.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship, team building skills, and demonstrable ability to influence.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Expertise in compliance training of managers.
- Experience managing employees and contractors across multiple geos, multiple offices as well as those working remotely at home. Experience leading international expansion as well as large teams of part-time hourly employees a plus!
- Experience working in a fast growing gig economy company a plus!
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of progressive experience in People functions, ideally in a fast moving tech company.
- 5+ years of leadership and management experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Advanced degree a plus!
- SHRM-SCP certification or ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary.
- Equity in fast growing startup.
- 401k plan.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance (including health insurance for your pets!).
- 10 Paid Holidays.
- Unlimited Vacation Policy – Work hard take time when you need it.
- Disrupt traditional logistics – be a part of the team building the future of delivery and making same-day delivery ubiquitous.
- Central Peninsula location with easy access to 101.
Join us in disrupting logistics and setting the new standard for last mile delivery, a multi billion dollar market. We don’t sell goods and we don’t move people. We are behind the scenes of 4000+ businesses - like Walmart, Macy’s, Best Buy, Walgreens, Plated, FreshDirect and Google Express - transforming how goods move around a city. We’ve raised 40+ million dollars with participation from UPS, prominent Silicon Valley VCs as well as several REIT (mall operator) investors. This is an amazing opportunity to come into a market leading start-up that is making local same-day delivery ubiquitous and affordable. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to break existing rules and create the future of logistics.