Director, Community Retention
Deliv (Mountain View, CA)
Join us in disrupting logistics and setting the new standard for last mile delivery, a multibillion dollar market. We are a B2B service, behind the scenes of 4000+ national omni channel retailers, ecommerce players and businesses (i.e., Macy’s, Best Buy, Walgreens, Kohl’s, PetSmart, Plated, Google Shopping Express), transforming how goods move around a city. Deliv has raised $40 million, including our recent $28M B-round in 2016, and is backed by global logistics leader United Parcel Service, leading Venture Capital investors including Upfront Ventures and RPM Ventures, and national’s top REIT (mall operator) investors.
This is an amazing opportunity to come into a startup that is making local same day delivery ubiquitous and affordable. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to break existing rules and create the future of logistics. The Deliv Community Retention team engages our driver community across the country both online and offline. As we continue to rapidly expand, we need a communications-savvy and operationally inventive leader to strategize, build, and lead within our community team.
The successful candidate will prepare our Community Operations team for the next phase of growth by working with the team in implementing a combination of scalable, product enhancements, community engagement programs, and deep analytics. The successful candidate will be proactive, passionate about our brand, and be comfortable with numbers and analytics. This role will also need someone who can communicate effectively and clearly and who is focused on advocating for the driver community across the various geographies. This role reports to the Senior Director of Community and is located at our Menlo Park office.
- Lead the team in developing strategies for executing to goals, measuring progress, and optimizing results.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Community Retention Team in coordination with direction from Director of Community Retention. Work with your direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and optimizing results.
- Develop programs to increase contracted driver engagement on the platform and overall engagement.
- Continually refine network-wide quality certification and coaching programs to meet retailer requirements, instill best practices, and set up drivers for success.
- Design and build an online community of drivers with the intention to increase retention and quality. Share best practice among community members. Utilize social media as a platform for engagement by building a tight-knit and passionate community, and report on metrics surrounding this engagement.
- Rely heavily on metric analysis and data from driver ratings (reliability/service/delivery count) and activity to drive decision-making, product/process improvements and communication for the community.
- Understand the demands of the independent contractor business moel, maintain a close relationship with the legal team, and provide operational guidance regarding compliance.
- BA/BS in business, economics, marketing, or operations
- 5+ years of operational experience at Manager or above level
- Must have managed complex teams comprised of both direct and indirect reports.
- Proven experience scaling an organization
- Your team loves working for you, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Possess exceptional emotional intelligence and the ability to connect deeply and inspire both employees and users
- Successful experience and desire to work in a lean startup environment with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to embrace a changing landscape; not afraid to make a mistake and take calculated risks
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Equity in fast growing, early stage startup
- 401k plan
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Unlimited Vacation Policy – Work hard and take time when you need it
- Disrupt traditional logistics – be a part of the team creating the future of delivery and making same-day delivery ubiquitous
- Central Peninsula location with easy access