Senior Business Analyst
Deliv (Menlo Park, CA)
Join us in disrupting logistics and setting the new standard for last mile delivery, a multi-billion dollar market. We don’t sell goods and we don’t move people. We are behind the scenes of 5,000+ National omnichannel Retailers, e-Tailers, B2B and B2C businesses—like Peapod, Macy’s, Best Buy, Walgreens, Plated, FreshDirect and Target—transforming how goods move around a city. Deliv has raised $80 million dollars with participation from UPS, General Motors, Google, Enterprise Holdings, prominent Silicon Valley VCs as well as the nation’s leading REIT (mall operator) investors.
This is an amazing opportunity to come into a startup that is making local same day delivery ubiquitous and affordable. We're looking for talented individuals who want to break existing rules and create the future of logistics.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Deliv is a fast-growing company that offers a highly collaborative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment. Data is the cornerstone of our business, and you will provide analytical support for all business activities. We're looking for a creative leader with excellent analytical abilities across business and technology, attention to detail, strong ownership and organization skills. Cross-team coordination, project management, and excellent communication skills are essential.
As Sr Business Analyst – Analytics, you will facilitate the design and analytic effort on a variety of projects that directly impact operational success. Your role is to apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends. You will build models of user behaviors and to optimize driver performance & operational economics. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product.
Location of the role can be in either Atlanta (Roswell), GA or Menlo Park, CA and reports to the Senior Manager Customer Reporting/Business Analytics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with Logistics, Operations, Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product stakeholders to prioritize analysis activities and reporting requirements in support of company goals
- Develop and implement new statistical analysis to improve driver utilization which would help reduce the costs
- Develop a deep understanding of how product and feature launches would impact the business and the drivers and the business implications of such changes to the development of analytical frameworks and skills
- Create surveys and experiments to collect data and analyze the resultant data to improve business process and decisions
- Create and implement various statistical, predictive models to forecast volume, drivers, maintain driver retention and reduce driver attrition
- Lead analysis and analytics activities that underpin strategic decisions, optimize delivery execution, and measure and motivate our crowdsourced drivers.
- Write scripts in SQL and use Looker Business Intelligence tool to build data sets, automate analysis, and update data models. (Python experience a plus!)
- Design and implement reporting dashboards and metrics that track and monitor the performance of our operational economics, the quality of our data, and overall health of the business.
- Problem solve how specific metrics need to be generated and, when required, work with the product and engineering teams to implement solutions (e.g. data gathering, gap analysis, work on submitted feature request or business requirement documents, file bugs etc.).
- Publish and track key metrics via dashboards, scorecards, and share ad-hoc analysis with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive ongoing data cleansing/data improvement tasks.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Master’s Degree in math, statistics, computer science, operations research, or related technical or quantitative or analytical field.
- 3+ years of analytical work experience in high data volume environments (preferably in internet, software, media, or financial industries).
- Demonstrated track record in the development and delivery of reporting and analysis in a demanding business environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extract and integrate data from various platforms or sources.
- Ability to thrive in environments that often start with uncertain requirements or outcomes; ability to define and structure problems and projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrable track record of effectively partnering with technical, business, and operational colleagues.
- Strong Python, R or any programming tool to develop statistical models and analysis
- Knowledge of data mining and data validation.
- Advanced understanding of best practices in analysis, programming and visualization techniques
- Experience writing SQL and knowledge of database infrastructure strong requirement.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing business intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI, QlikView or Wave.
Join us in disrupting logistics and setting the new standard for last mile delivery, a multi billion dollar market. We don’t sell goods and we don’t move people. We are behind the scenes of 4000+ businesses - like Walmart, Macy’s, Best Buy, Walgreens, Plated, FreshDirect and Google Express - transforming how goods move around a city. We’ve raised 40+ million dollars with participation from UPS, prominent Silicon Valley VCs as well as several REIT (mall operator) investors. This is an amazing opportunity to come into a market leading start-up that is making local same-day delivery ubiquitous and affordable. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to break existing rules and create the future of logistics.